2020 Scholarship Essay Contest
Topic: Convince me to join a union and explain the benefits of membership.
Rules & Requirements
The applicant must be a dependent child of an active, retired, or deceased member in good standing of UA Plumbers & Pipefitters Local #145 for a period of at least one (1) year. Application packets can be obtained from the Hall.
Plumbers and Pipefitters #145 Scholarship is open to all students attending college. Regardless of year, up to four years, as well as students in their senior year of High School who plan to attend college. Applicant must include the name of the institution they are attending or plan on attending.
The essay should fall into the following guidelines:
- The essay should be a minimum of 1000 words on the topic.
- The essay will be graded on content, punctuation, and grammar.
- Applicant will be required to type the essay, with cover page (included in packet) filled out completely, stating name, address, phone number, relationship to Local #145 member, where they are or planning on attending college, and the career they have chosen.
- The essay will have no identification markings on it other than the cover page. Essays will have the cover page removed before judging (a number will be assigned each essay) to ensure anonymity.
- The essay must be mailed or delivered to Plumbers & Pipefitters Local #145 no later than 5:-00 p.m. on March 6, 2020. Emailed or faxed essays will not be accepted.
- Scholarships will be awarded in the following manner:
1st Place $1000.00
2nd Place $ 750.00
3rd Place $ 500.00